This is the full journey level position in the Treatment Plant Mechanic classification. Under the directionof the Wastewater Maintenance Supervisor or designee, performs highly skilled work from a varietyof crafts toward the construction, maintenance and repair of the City's wastewater treatment plant, lift stations, and related facilities. Subject to after hours and weekend work as needed. Safely performs all job functions.
Click on the following link to view the complete job description, including essential functions and working conditions:
- Two (2) year college degree in industrial mechanics or related field or equivalent trade school certificate or apprenticeship program participation. Six (6) years of experience performing mechanical installation, removal, repair and maintenance of pumps, small motors, mechanical feed systems and other precision mechanical devices,including welding, rigging, fabrication and equipment repair.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that will provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver's license upon hire date, with an ability to obtain a City of Richland-assisted Class "A" CDL with tanker endorsement within two (2) years of hire date.
- Two (2) year college degree in Industrial Mechanics or related field.
- 6 years or more as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Mechanic.
- 3 years or more experience personally directing, overseeing, and training assigned maintenance staff.
- History of progressive advancement in position and responsibility.
- Competent in use of PC, windows based applications, data bases, work order and asset management systems.
- Personal experience in developing and maintaining electronic Operations and Maintenance Manuals and Inventory Systems.